ClearCorrect® Clear Braces – Austin, TX
Invisible Solutions Lead to Straighter Smiles
When it comes to orthodontic treatment, you’re likely looking for a solution that doesn’t require wearing bulky metal brackets and wires. Fortunately, the team at Avenue Dental has a treatment option that promises a discreet look and faster results. What is it? ClearCorrect® in Austin is one of the most effective ways to realign your smile without bringing attention to your teeth. Instead of relying on traditional braces to straighten your teeth, you can enjoy a more subtle solution that offers more flexibility and greater comfort. Contact us today to find out if you are eligible for ClearCorrect Clear Braces.
Why Choose Avenue Dental for ClearCorrect® Clear Braces?
- Trusted and Experienced Bilingual Dentists
- Personalized Attention in a Modern, Comfortable Dental Office
- Two Convenient Locations
Why Clear Aligners are Popular
In the past, metal braces were the only known way to safely (and effectively) straighten teeth. Fortunately, as dentistry and orthodontics have evolved, new and innovative methods are now standing toe-to-toe with traditional braces. While this may be exciting news for teenagers, professionals are now seeing more and more adults turning to orthodontic treatment to fix overcrowding, gapped teeth, or a misaligned bite.
With older individuals now more interested in the results that can be achieved with braces, it’s no surprise that clear aligners are quickly becoming a more popular option. From their discreet appearance to their gentle yet, faster results, these customized aligners are making it possible to straighten smiles without compromising daily appearance.
The ClearCorrect® Process
ClearCorrect is a clear aligner system that uses customized trays to straighten and realign your teeth. Once you are cleared for treatment by Dr. Wong or Dr. Caballero, they will capture impressions of your teeth and send them to a lab where technicians will create your customized trays. Based on the specifications provided by our team, they will fabricate aligners that take your smile from its current location and gently move it into its proper place.
By wearing these trays 20-22 hours each day, your teeth will begin to shift. After 1-2 weeks of wear, you will swap out your current set for the next one in the series. This process will continue until you’ve finished the entire set. Only when you are eating, drinking (anything but water), and cleaning your trays should you take them out. This will ensure you do not experience a delay at any point throughout your treatment.
Once you are finished with your ClearCorrect aligners, you will notice a dramatic change in your smile’s appearance but will be required to wear a retainer immediately following treatment to prevent your teeth from shifting back into their original position.
Who is an Ideal Candidate?
If you are curious whether you are an ideal candidate for ClearCorrect orthodontics in Austin, you’ll need to schedule a consultation with a member of our team. Only then will you learn if these clear aligners are right for you.
Typically, if you suffer from overcrowding, spaces between teeth, or a misaligned bite, there is a good chance you can move forward with ClearCorrect. However, if a member of our team believes your rotated teeth or uneven bite is too complex for clear aligners, you may be recommended for traditional braces to achieve the desired result. Also, ClearCorrect is available for mature teenagers and adults, not children, simply because their teeth are still developing.
Benefits of ClearCorrect® Versus Traditional Braces
It may not be too difficult to determine why you want to move forward with ClearCorrect, but their subtle appearance isn’t the only obvious benefit. Some of the greatest advantages of these clear aligners include:
- An easy-to-clean solution: Unlike traditional braces that require you to use additional instruments and products to clean around brackets and wires, ClearCorrect only requires the use of clear soap, lukewarm water, and a soft-bristled toothbrush. There’s no maneuvering around metal appliances to keep your teeth and fixtures clean. Instead, you can properly brush, floss, and rinse like normal before thoroughly cleaning your trays.
- Little-to-no irritation: Metal braces can rub against your soft oral tissues, causing oral sores to develop. However, ClearCorrect aligners are smooth and do not leave your cheeks, lips, tongue, or gums irritated. You may experience some tenderness in the beginning, but this will dissipate quickly.
- Greater flexibility: Traditional braces require you to give up some of your favorite foods because of the increased risk of food getting stuck between your brackets and wires. Also, you could potentially damage your fixtures and cause a delay in treatment. But with ClearCorrect, you can simply take out your trays before eating and avoid the time-consuming process of trying to remove lodged food from your teeth.
- Faster results: Depending on your case, there is a good chance you can expect to see results much quicker than with traditional braces.
How ClearCorrect® and Invisalign Differ
ClearCorrect and Invisalign are similar in how they work, but there are a few key differences between the two, such as:
- The material is different. Invisalign uses SmartTrack material that is patented by Align Technologies and is often a bit bulkier. ClearCorrect uses a thinner material that is ideal for individuals who want complete transparency.
- ClearCorrect is a bit more affordable than Invisalign, but this largely depends on your case and the severity of your problem.
- ClearCorrect aligners often have a straighter cut, making it possible for you to avoid the possibility of needing attachments throughout treatment.