COVID-19 Update To Our Patients
*******WE ARE BACK*******
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offering fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We are trying to make everything as touchless as possible, so you will start seeing email requests to have your Patient Forms (New/Upates), Consent, and/or Payment to be submitted before you come to the office. We are excited for the new paperwork changes that are updating just for you.
• COID-19 questions: Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are at the office before check in.
• Please call us at 512-329-9900 when you arrive at the parking lot. We will start the check in process via the phone with you. After checking in, we will try to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time, by bringing you straight to the operatory.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Wong and Staff