Emergency Dentist — Austin, TX
Urgent Care for Hurting Teeth
When you’re in the middle of a dental emergency, it can be hard to think about the right steps to take to stop the pain. Luckily, you have two caring, expert dentists at Avenue Dental that you can turn to when you need dental care as soon as possible. Dr. Wong and Dr. Caballero will do all they can to provide fast pain relief whenever necessary. Call us, and we’ll find room in our schedule to see you as soon as possible. We can treat and repair your smile with emergency dentistry in Austin, TX.
Why Choose Avenue Dental for Emergency Dental Care?
- #1 Advanced Dental Technology for Better Care
- #2 Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
- #3 Dentists with 40 Years of Combined Experience
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- Step 1: Call us right away! We do everything we can to see emergency patients for same-day appointments. A team member will also walk you through first-aid for managing your emergency until you arrive.
- Step 2: See your Austin emergency dentist for an appointment. We’ll focus on relieving your pain and evaluating your situation. Then, we’ll review our findings with you. fully explain all your treatment options, and work with you to make a treatment plan.
- Step 3: Get the care you need! Once you’ve agreed to a treatment plan, our talented team will jump into action to protect and repair your smile, whether you need a filling, root canal, dental crown, or something else entirely!
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies can range from severe tooth infections that were allowed to develop out of control to sudden traumatic accidents that leaves your smile with a few gaps in it. Your first step needs to be to call our dental office. On the phone, be sure to describe your symptoms to our team so that we can give you first-aid advice before your appointment. The following tips can help you get a better handle on the most common dental emergencies.
Understanding the Cost of Emergency Dentistry
Once you’re past the pain of a dental emergency, you might start to worry about how much your emergency treatment will cost. But you shouldn’t let your concerns about payment keep you from getting the care you need. The longer you postpone treatment, the worse and more expensive the fix will become. In other words, the sooner you address the problem, the better, in every way including the cost. Our team is willing to work with you and can reduce this stress as much as possible.
Every Dental Emergency is Different
Some issues can be taken care of with a minor filling while others might require a root canal and a dental crown. Even two patients who are experiencing the same problem may need different treatment, depending on the severity. We can’t say for sure what procedure you should have until we see you in person. After we examine you, we’ll be sure to go over all of your options and the costs associated with them so that you know what to expect when it’s time to pay.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Dental Emergencies?
In some scenarios, dental insurance covers part of the cost of emergency treatment. For example, most insurance plans will contribute about 70 to 80 percent of the total cost for a filling. For more invasive treatment, such as crowns or dentures, you may only get about half covered, depending on your benefits. Our team will help file a claim with your insurance company to make sure that you save as much as possible on your care.
Other Options for Making Dental Emergencies Affordable
Not everyone has dental insurance benefits through work, but there are still options to make dental care fit your budget. If you don’t have dental insurance, you can join the Avenue Dental Plan for every member of the family. Our plans not only provide for your preventive services but also include a 20 percent discount on fillings, crowns, and even implants, reducing your out-of-pocket expenses.
Regardless of whether you have insurance coverage or not, you can take advantage of low-interest financing through CareCredit. This trusted company breaks up the total into monthly payments that are easier to handle.
Taking Care Of Your Smile Can Save You Money
What is the best way to save money on dental emergencies? Avoid them to begin with! In fact, studies show that for every dollar spent on prevention, patients can save anywhere between $8 and $50. As a result, it’s smart to invest in preventive care by coming to Avenue Dental for regular checkups and cleanings, brushing and flossing at home, and wearing a mouthguard when necessary. A little bit of time, effort, and money upfront can help you avoid more costly emergencies down the road.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
- Get a mouthguard for any kind of sport or physical activity, even if there’s not a high chance of physical contact.
- Avoid placing hard items like pens and pencils in your mouth.
- Use scissors to open packages and remove tags; do not use your teeth.
- Brush and floss every day so that the enamel and the surrounding gum tissue stay clean and healthy.
- Visit us for routine checkups and cleanings so that small oral issues don’t turn into big ones.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Gum Disease I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Am Unhappy With My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services