Root Canal Therapy – Austin, TX
Don’t Be Afraid to Stop the Pain
“Root canal” is a phrase that fills some patients with dread, but the procedure itself is nothing to worry about. Despite its reputation, it’s no more uncomfortable than a routine filling procedure. In truth, Dr. Wong and Dr. Caballero can use root canal therapy to help you find relief from your oral pain and maintain a full, healthy smile. When you have a toothache that won’t go away and has only grown worse after a couple of days, call us immediately.
Why Choose Avenue Dental
for Root Canal Therapy?
- Dental Sedation Options Available
- Reliable, Fully Personalized Crowns
- Experienced Dentists and a Caring Team
The Root Canal Procedure
First, we’ll take an X-ray to confirm that there is something wrong with your dental pulp and to get a feel for the inside of the tooth. On the day of the treatment, your mouth will be numbed, and the tooth will be opened. We will gently remove the infected tissues and other harmful materials before cleaning the inner chambers of the tooth as thoroughly as possible to make sure that no bacteria remain. A dental crown is normally needed to protect the tooth afterwards.
a Root Canal
You may end up needing root canal therapy in the following situations:
- You have a cavity that was never treated or repaired, allowing the decay to eventually reach the pulp deep inside the tooth.
- You have a faulty crown or restoration that doesn’t fully protect the inside of the tooth from bacteria.
- Your tooth was damaged in some way and wasn’t repaired in time to stop bacteria from entering.
- You’ve injured the pulp inside your tooth in an accident, causing inflammation and pain.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Gum Disease I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Am Unhappy With My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I Am in Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services